Sunday, January 6, 2013

Review: Geek Girl #0 Published by Actuality Press


Geek-Girl #0, written by Sam Johnson, illustrated by Sally Stone-Thompson and published by Actuality Press is available now in $2.50 Regular and Variant Editions, and $1.00 Digital Edition at www.geekgirlcomics.com



     I have always had a thing for independently produced comic books since I fell in love with this art form some 30 years ago. I personally know the work and time that goes into a book from experience and studying the art form for so many years. Geek Girl #0 in my humble opinion is an amazing, fun and witty book that will make you come back for more. My only gripe is that I wish it was longer, which brings me back to how much I enjoyed this sample of Geek Girl #0. I will definitely be there for the next release and I hope you will be too!


    I have talked shop with the creator/writer of Geek Girl Sam Johnson and I was inspired by his commitment to the comic art form. I also have to thank Sam again for re-sending me the file for Geek Girl #0 Digital. It has been rough with the babies so after I purchased the issue I forgot to actually download it from my email. Well I was finally able to take some time and peel through the pages today and I am glad that through Sam's promotions on Facebook I found out about Geek Girl. I can not wait for issue #1 and I wish the best of luck to Sam and company on there creative endeavors. I also want to check out a few other books that Mr. Johnson has written and created. They are The Almighties & Cabra Cini, I will get around to purchasing these books and once I get to thumb through them I will also review them. 

Links:

Sam Johnson's Blog Spot

Geek Girl

The Almighties


No comments:

Post a Comment