Friday, November 22, 2013

Comic Reviews for the Week of 11/20/13


Pick of the Week: Uncanny X-Men #14 (Marvel Comics) Brian Michael Bendis Writer/Chris Bachalo Pencils/Tim Townsend Inks

     After so many volumes of Uncanny X-Men I am almost over one of the greatest series ever published. I wish Marvel would make up for there transgressions by going back to the original count on volume one of this book. Then came this issue and those feelings almost fade away into an abyss, almost!!! No really, this was one great Uncanny issue, It was well written and as always Bachalo and Townsend scribble some great pages. Let me sum it up like this, fast paced, sexy, creative and light hearted in the only fashion a the milestone mutant book should be.


Runer-Up: Superman Wonder Women #2 (D.C. Comics) Charles Soule Writer/Tony Daniels Pencils/Batt Inks

     This was one of those books that is still not on my pull list, I was not sure if I wanted another team up book in my pile. Still not sure if I want to add it, but I must say the first two issues have been fun and a hell of a ride. I will let everyone know what the verdict is next month!


Also Hot: Avengers #23 Infinity tie-in (Marvel Comics), Cable and X-Force #16 (Marvel Comics), Cataclysm Ultimate Comics Spider-Man #1 (Marvel Comics), Battlestar Galactica Starbuck #1 (Dynamite Ent.), The Transformers More Thank Meets The Eye #23 Dark Cybertron Chapter 2 (IDW Publishing), Bloodshot and H.A.R.D. Corps #16 (Valiant Ent.), X-O Manowar #19 Unity tie-in (Valiant Ent.)


Honorable Mention: Star Wars Dawn of the Jedi: Force War #1 (Dark Horse Comics), X-Men #7 (Marvel Comics), Eternal Warrior #3 (Valiant Ent.)


Not So Much: Red Hood and the Outlaws #25 Zero Year tie-in (D.C. Comics) This book has totally veered off course, we need Lobdell and Rocaforth back!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment