Sunday, February 23, 2014

Comic Reviews for the week of 2/19/14


Pick of the Week: Uncanny X-Men #17 (Marvel Comics) Brian Michael Bendis Writer/Chris Bachalo Pencils/Tim Townsend Inks

     What is this? Volume 3 of Uncanny X-Men, I really can not keep track. I was so upset when they discontinued the first and original Uncanny title and i will probably never be able to forgive Marvel/Disney on that little screw up. I can say this volume thanks to the likes of Bendis/Bachalo/Townsend is leaps and bounds better then the last series. Good thing cause X-Men plainly titled is a shit fest in the making since issue #2. I know one does not only get a pass, but was actually promising and looked good before the following issues. I have missed the mysticism and wonderment of the 80's and 90's mutant books and Uncanny X-Men has recaptured that wonderment as the original series.


Runner-Up: Amazing X-Men #4 Jason Aaron Writer/Ed McGuinness Pencils/Dexter Vines Inks (Marvel Comics), New Warriors #1 Christopher Yost Writer/Marcus To Art (Marvel Comics), Nova #13 Gerry Duggan Writer/Paco Medina Pencils (Marvel Comics)

     No really, I usually throw Marvel in the gutter. Not this week, wow some damn good books here, dont believe me? Pick them up and don't say I didn't tell you so.


Also Hot: G.I. Joe A Real American Hero #199 (IDW Publishing), Bloodshot and H.A.R.D. Corps #19 (Valiant Ent.)


Honorable Mention: Star Wars: Darth Vader and the Cry of Shadows #3 (Dark Horse Comics), Star Wars Dawn of the Jedi: Force War #4 (Dark Horse Comics), Justice League #28 Forever Evil tie-in (D.C. Comics), Red Hood and the Outlaws #28 (D.C. Comics), X-Men #11 (Marvel Comics), Morning Glories #37 (Image Comics), Battlestar Galactica Starbuck #4 (Dynamite Ent.), Unity #4 (Valiant Ent.)


Not So Hot: G.I. Joe Special Missions #12 (IDW Publishing) Meh!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment