Friday, January 31, 2014

Comic Reviews for the Week of 1/22/14


Pick of the Week: Eternal Warrior #5 (Valiant Ent.) Greg Pak Writer/Robert Gill Art

     It may only be the first month of the year, but this is my far my hottest pick that has been released. Nothing has come this close to picking a book or producing a choice that would surpass this book. Not only am I happy with the issue of Eternal Warrior, I have loved the series thus far. The writing and art have been at the top of the heap. I can not wait for more of this book, it is like a diamond in the rough and I hope that is the outcome for the coming months. Futuristic + Ancient = kick ass greatness!


Runner-Up: All-New X-Men #22 (Marvel Comic) Brian Michael Bendis Writer/Stuart Immonen Pencils

     I have not been too fond of the X-titles in the last two years and beyond. The two that have stood out has been Wolverine and the X-Men and since its inception All New X-Men. All the other X-titles in my opinion have been hit or miss. Well I can not pull the wool over the eyes of these creators, nor can I hide the fact that this title and the Wolverine and X-Men title are the only two to shine in the last few years, wile Uncanny does hit a spot cause of Bachalo! I just wish I could write some of these mutant titles to turn shit straight!


Also Hot: Batman #27 (D.C. Comics), Justice League #27 Forever Evil tie-in (D.C.Comics), Wolverine and the X-Men #40 (Marvel Comics), X-O Manowar #21 (Valiant Ent.)


Honorable Mention: Star Wars Legacy II #11 (Dark Horse Comics), Red Hood and the Outlaws #27 (D.C. Comics), Avengers #25 (Marvel Comics), Cable and X-Force #19 Vendetta Pt. 3 (Marvel Comics), Origin II #2 (Marvel Comics), All New X-Factor #2 (Marvel Comics), Aphrodite IX: Hidden Files #1 (Image/Top Cow), Battlestar Galactica #7 (Dynamite Ent.), Battlestar Galactica Starbuck #3 (Dynamite Ent.), The Transformers: Robots in Disguise #25 (IDW Publishing)


Not So Hot: X-Men #9 (Marvel Comics) I tried, and I tried!!! I just can not find it in me to feel this book 9 issues in. In my opinion it is not the all female team. Not at all, some of my favorite X-Men are females, most of my favorite X-Men are females. I just do not like the story line., also let me go out on a limb. After a decade if not a little less I must admit I truly hate art done by the Dodson couple. They have done a lot of X-Titles in the last decade and it makes me hate the genre even more then the writing. I do not think I would mind there style on a Spider-Man title or even the Avengers. Am I the only one to have this complaint?


No comments:

Post a Comment